· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 264 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - Canalar - Mage - Application

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » Recruiting
Canalar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote

1. What is the name of your main as well as level and class?
    Canalar, Level 80, Mage

2. What is your age?
    I am 29.

3. What guilds have you been with in the past, and why did you leave them, please provide as much detail as necessary.
    I have been with several very small guilds operated primarily by real-life friends. I haven't left any of those guilds (such as they are) for several years.

4. Do you have any friends currently in Scalebane? If so, who & how do you know them? (Family, real life friend, etc.)
    Two members of my family are currently members of Scalebane: my wife, Vlasta, and her brother, Riin.

5. What best describes you now that you're level 80 (or once you are 80)?
A. I like to socialize, mess around, or whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
B. I like to raid mostly, & I pvp on the side (or not at all).
C. I like to pvp mostly, & I raid on the side (or not at all).
D. I like to level characters & professions.
E. Other/Explain.
    At previous level caps I have been more of a "C" player; at present, I am preparing more as a "B" player. Most of my effort as of late has revolved around forum research on mage PvE mechanics, easily attainable, high-quality gear (such as Merlin's Robe), and reputation grinding for various enchants and recipes.

6. Are you interested in raiding 25 man content on Tuesday/Thursdays 11p-1am and Saturday 11p-3am? If so, how often do you think you would attend?
    I am very interested in advancing to 25 man raids, and I would be available for all three of the usual raiding nights. Should a position be open in a given night's raiding, I can ensure my presence nearly every Tue/Thurs/Sat night.

7. Can you give us a brief summary of what your armor & weapons are like (can use Gearscore if you want) or provide a link to your armory page?
    As I just recently reached level 80, my equipment is currently the best gear I could reasonably acquire without raiding/heroics. My Gearscore is currently a meager 3662; improving my gear is my first priority.

8. Can you describe what raiding experience you have? Are you familiar with current raid content?
    Based on my previous focus on PvP content at the 60th and 70th level caps, and a short break from the game after WotL was released (I was in Iraq - woo!), I have nearly no raid experience. I am, however, eager to learn the content, and my time in the Air Force has finely honed my ability to follow orders under stressful conditions. Wink

9. What role do you wish to perform while raiding? (Healer, Tank, DPS). Are you able to perform other roles if needed?
    I once attempted to cure several thousand horde with my healing fireblast, but lost the majority of my patients to complications associated with third-degree burns. Although it's possible I missed an important step in the nurturing process, I have come to believe that Mages just aren't suited to healing. I am willing to tank, but short of another fight like Gruul's, wearing a bathrobe to a battle just doesn't cut it.

10. What made you want to apply to Scalebane?
    My family members in the guild have been running a Scalebane propaganda campaign against me for a long time. It may just be the brainwashing talking, but I would like the chance to work with a professional guild to conquer the most difficult encounters WoW has to offer.

11. Do you have any friends or family that will apply to Scalebane if you are recruited?
    My wife and brother-in-law are already members of Scalebane. My best friend, currently playing a level 80 Paladin named Praeliorz, will likely apply if I am accepted. He has significant experience with end-game content from another server, and has been assisting me with dungeon-strategy after my arrival at 80.

12. Are you currently applying to other guilds?
    Not at the moment, no.

13. Are there any situations in the past that may affect your reputation that you would like to explain?
    Nope.

14. Are you the original owner of your account, and are you the only one who plays your character?
    I am the original owner of my account, and have played on Eredar since release. I am the only person who plays all of the characters on my account, including Canalar.

15. Finally, tell us a little about yourself. We're first and foremost a guild about people, People > Loot. =)
    I am a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. My work here includes both depot-level repair and engineering support for equipment at the Netcentric/Cryptologic Systems Division. I was recently selected for promotion to Technical Sergeant after my first time testing, and I am looking forward to continuing my career in the Air Force.

My non-WoW free time is spent reading (mostly Science Fiction - I'm a big fan of David Weber), and playing pen-and-paper RPGs (Exalted, d20 games, White Wolf, etc.). I listen to a lot of miscellaneous music, and have been browsing various dubstep artists as of late. If you don't mind techno and you're interested in listening to something that sounds like it was beatboxed by Optimus Prime, I recommend Radiex – Hobgoblin (it's the third song in the news post).

Timb
Warrior Class Leader
Warrior Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote

So can you clarify -- is Riin a girl or not?
Canalar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote

That information is classified above Top Secret.
Finne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:23 am Reply with quote

Quote:
and her brother, Riin.

that should clear everything up. also Riin plays a female because he doesn't feel pretty enough in real life. or so i've been told
Riin
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 am Reply with quote

Something like that, Finne.

As for the application itself, Canalar has my stamp of approval. He's never had access to really big raiding content, but I recall many a world-PvP adventure, and if he plans on taking his mage seriously again I have absolutely no doubt he will perform at or above our expectations. He does his research, and knows how to play videogames.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I once attempted to cure several thousand horde with my healing fireblast, but lost the majority of my patients to complications associated with third-degree burns. Although it's possible I missed an important step in the nurturing process, I have come to believe that Mages just aren't suited to healing. I am willing to tank, but short of another fight like Gruul's, wearing a bathrobe to a battle just doesn't cut it.

This man is a genius.

Also, it's not a bathrobe. It's a battle dress.

I also blame Riin for turning me into a TYPE-MOON fanatic.

I pretend you all exist.
Riin
Officer
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Wait, what? How did I do that? O.o

Druid Class Leader
Druid Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Haha, Riin wears dresses!

Actually, I think we all already knew that.

Mage Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote

Icewalker enchant on them boots huh......Sad Riin.......You give us all this shit about that and you cant even get him converted? See if i ever change my enchant now. Anyways back on subject.

You will really need to get your gear up a lot b4 you could really raid the end content we are on, its good that gear is first on your list, as for spec's and rotations or any mage questions in general PST me in game i will help you out all i can.

I wont go into much more on here just GEAR GEAR GEAR and any questions please pst me im on all the time cause i have no life. Good luck on the app, with riins backing you look very promising.
Calisa
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Recruited!

View next topic
View previous topic