· Members List
· Private Messages
· Rsclean
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Surveys
· Your Account

Who's Online
There are currently, 162 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

Scalebane - An Alliance Guild on Eredar: Forums

Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar :: View topic - New Guild Policy - Effective April 9, 2006

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic  Scalebane - A WoW Alliance Guild on Eredar Forum Index » General
Releih
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote

Wow. How time flies. In just over a year, Scalebane has grown from a small group of players to a large, thriving guild. We now have roughly 400 characters in the guild with a virtual cornucopia of members from many age groups, countries, cultures, and lifestyles. The best part about this growth is that even though we are steadily expanding, we have maintained our reputation for integrity, honestly, and fairness. And even though we are now an "MC Guild" we have not forgotten that we are first and foremost a family-style guild where people are more important than the loot. Because of this, we now are among the most respected guilds on our server. And it's all thanks to all of you, my noble Scalebaners! Very Happy

With growth however, comes difficult decisions.

Because of our growth we will be reaching the 500 mark within the next several months. Although WoW has no limit to the number of players in a guild, the game does limit the number of names that can be listed on the guild roster. The maximum that can be seen is 500. The problem with this is that once we reach 500, it will be impossible to know who is in the guild and to keep their promotions current. Although rank is not as important to some as it is to others, we believe that promotion in rank is an acknowledgement of the participation and dedication a person has given to the guild. As such, we like to see that players receive the rank they deserve. With the limitations the game imposes on our roster, this will be impossible once we reach 500 characters.

We now have players who have been inactive for a full year, with many reaching that point in the next few weeks. Generally, if someone has not played in that long a period of time they most likely have cancelled their account and will not be playing in the future.

After months of long, intense debate over this, we have decided to remove from the guild those players who have been inactive for 6 months. This will allow our active players to have alts in the guild and also allow us to invite new players into our fold. We want to be as fair as possible to everyone, both active and inactive, and believe that this policy will reflect that. I have listed the details of this procedure below.

1. First and foremost, this will NOT affect the alts of active players. If an active member's alt has not been played for 6 months, they will NOT be removed from the guild. On every alt that we are aware of, we have listed their main's name in the public guild message. I also have a spreadsheet of everyone's mains and alts, which is updated every Sunday. Please feel free to ask me or any other Jr or Sr Officer if we might have missed one of your alts; each one of them has access to this spreadsheet for them to review. They'll let me know if any corrections need made, and I'll be happy to correct any oversights.

2. This will NOT affect those players who are inactive due to real life situations (i.e. deployment, new babies, finances, work schedules, computer problems, etc.) So long as I am aware that someone will be "afk" for awhile they will not be removed from the guild; I'll simply make a note on my spreadsheet that they are temporarily "afk" from the game.

**We aware that some people are more private than others and may not wish the guild to know about their life outside the game, and we respect that. If a person does not wish to disclose details about why they'll be away from the game, that is fine. They just need to let me know that they'll be gone for awhile, but that they'll be coming back. I can be reached in game, via email ([email protected]), or through a private message on these forums. A player can also contact any other Jr or Sr officer with this information and they will relay it to me.

3. Every Sunday I will send a message to those players who have reached the 6 month inactive mark. I will send an ingame message to those that don't have forum accounts. For those that do have a forum account, I will send them a real life email (which would have a greater chance of reaching them). I will let them know that we are removing them from the guild and why. I will also tell them that if they decide to resume playing the game in the future they are more than welcome to rejoin the guild, no questions asked, no application required. All Jr and Sr Officers will have access to the list of removed players so that any of them can verify a player's status and reinvite them without delay.

4. I will not remove an inactive player for one week after sending them a message. This will give them a chance to let me know if or when they they plan on coming back to the game. If I have notification from them that they will be returning to the game, they will not be removed. If I receive no reply, or notification that they will no longer be playing the game, then I will remove them from the guild a week after the message has been sent.

Again, we want to be fair to everyone, both active and inactive and still provide us with room to grow. We believe that this policy will do that.

Thanks again, Scalebaners. You are what makes this guild so great! Very Happy

Last edited by Releih on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Releih
Senior Officer
Senior Officer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quote

/bump

Warlock Class Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote

LOL BOOBS! BEER AND FIRe. THOR THE GOD OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING! MUHAHAHAHAHA

View next topic
View previous topic